Monday, March 3, 2014

Rock n Roll Birthday

I love hosting themed birthday parties! This one was particularly fun! I tried to decorate like a 50's diner, we served hamburgers in paper cadillac boxes with bottles of Rootbeer. And I forced my boys to dress as Greasers! They were not to happy about the apparel but I informed them that I needed cute pictures, and it was all about the fun scrapbook page I was going to create after the party! :) So they stomped off to their bedrooms and changed and voila!! Exactly the pictures I wanted!
I used a black backgound paper for this page, although not much of it shows, I wanted a hint of black behind the pattern papers.  The stripe and blue at the bottom is from the confetti pack by My Minds Eye. The  black gingham is just some old paper I had.
For the "Rock & Roll" part of this title I went online and found a 50's font, printed it on black paper and cut it out with detailing scissors. I did the same thing  with the music notes. I wanted them to look shiny like a record so I embossed them with embossing powder and my embossing gun. 

The word "birthday" is done with bazzill chipboard letters I got from O Scrap. The records are actually from the streamers I decorated with, I got the streamers from a local party store. I embossed the records as well. 
The black ribbon on the page is from Wal-Mart. The black buckles are pretty old so I don't remember where I got them. I went online and printed the words from the "Happy Days" song on a transparency and put the strip along the bottom of each page.
I wanted a greaser on my page but I couldn't find any 50's stickers anywhere! Now that my page is done, I see them in every craft store around! Isn't that how it always goes? But, since I didn't have a sticker I had to paper piece my own. I found this image online. I even had some levi pattern paper! I had a great time making him! Don't be afraid to paper piece, you'll love the end product!



No comments: