Sunday, March 2, 2014

YOU

When my kids were young we rarely did any photo shoots, they just weren't agreeable enough. So as they have gotten older we try to do a photo shoot every year on their birthday, I can't say they particularly like to do it but they are good kids and humor me! I chose this particular photo shoot because I loved the colors and the page kit!

When we did this photo shoot we wanted to capture some of the things that make Tyler who he is, so we took pictures of him with his ipod, because he loves music, it is a major part of his life, but  Obviously the most important part of his life is his mother right? What teenager wouldn't think that? At least that's what I tell myself everyday! 


This is another storytellers club pack...LOVE THEM! I loved the way the colors in this pack complimented the pictures and all of the tags went so well!  I love that storytellers pretty much comes with everything you  need for your page, even the background paper. I usually just add a few odds and ends to make it look complete. each of the tags had little circles printed on them that look like brads, but I like a little dimension to my pages, so I pulled some matching brads and put them right over the top of the printed ones. The punchouts on the side I mounted on more metal tags and added buttons. At the bottom of the arrow border I just added some matching ribbons and fibers. The only thing I wish I would have done with this page is maybe mounted some of the punchouts on chipboard or possibly have put them on my page using pop dots to make them stand out a little more. Other than that I love the way the page turned out, it made me realize that portrait pages aren't as hard as you think they will be. 
I wish I would have kept up on the portraits from the time the boys were little, I probably would have caught some really funny candid shots! 

No comments: