Thursday, March 6, 2014

Spring Fling!

So yesterday was a little too hectic for my taste and before I knew it the day was gone and there was no page posted!  So here is my page for the day, and in honor of the gloomy weather I decided to go with something super springy.

I think these pictures are really fun because I love action shots!  One of my favorite things to do with my camera is to set it on multi-shot and just push the button down.  It's the very best way to get really great candids and you never know when you'll get the perfect picture and not even realize it.  Once again I took way more pictures than I could fit on a layout, so I had to pare it down and try to make it fit.


Every one of the pictures is smaller than a standard 4x6 size, with some of them half that size and the pictures in the filmstrip the smallest.


At first I wanted to put the pictures in the filmstrip in order so it looked like a moving picture, but since I had way too many, I only did it for the small pictures in the top right.  I love the use of the filmstrip to include a lot of photos!

The paper is some coordinating paper from Hobby Lobby (Paper Studio)--I love it because it takes all the guesswork out of matching the paper.


I cut the various sizes of circles using my Sizzix and a circle die cut. I love the idea of lots of circles with the page because it matches so well with the frisbees and giant ball. The ribbon is American Crafts, and the 3D bugs are Paper Bliss.  The word Fling is made with sticker letters from Doodlebug and I cut summer with a Sizzix alphabet.

Some people shy away from pink paper, especially when they are dealing mostly with pictures of boys, but it is such a fun spring color for everyone that it definitely has it's place so don't be afraid to use it!

On another note, we are coming close to the end of our "30 days of pages" and have some fun new ideas for future posts, including a page kit giveaway, which we are hoping to have ready to go next week!

No comments: