Thursday, February 27, 2014

Arctic Zone

I've been trying not to post just vacation pictures on here, but there are just so many fun themed pages from a vacation, that here I am posting yet another one! This is the Wild Arctic at Seaworld!  We got to experience a simulated helicopter ride over frozen tundra, when we disembarked there was a realistic Arctic research station. We saw, polar bears, whales, walruses and an ice tunnel, complete with the growling of polar bears! There were so many cute set ups to take pictures it was really hard to narrow it down to just a few pictures for my page, so I actually broke these pictures down into two different layouts. Here is the first.
I used Three Bugs in a Rug paper. This was actually a packet that came with sticker letters and a sticker sheet. I used the letters from the kit to spell "arctic" and the word "adventure" is done with rub ons. I mounted the skull sticker on the top of the page onto a metal tag. The frame on the bottom is a plastic expressions frame from Heidi Grace. I  used some of my thin twine along the bottom, I just wound a couple layers to make it look like a coiled rope.
I had much more fun creating the second page of this layout!!!
I used more of the words from the sticker sheet which I  mounted on more metal tags along the top of the page, you can get these tags at walmart, they are just sale tags you use to price things at a garage sale. I just added some odds and ends buttons I had that matched. The real fun came in making my crates at the bottom!
These are made out of chipboard. I cut squares out of chipboard then I cut thin strips out of chipboard  to boarder the squares to make them look more like boxes. I had some pattern paper that looked like wood so that's what I used to cover the chipboard. I printed the labels on transparency, so that I wouldn't have any glue showing I made the transparency squares big enough to glue under the boarders. Once they were all glued I used my walnut distressing ink to make them look worn and again wound up more twine for the coiled rope. I had to put a couple of the crates on pop dots to make them look stacked. Super fun to make!



No comments: