Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Dinosaurs!




Back when the kids were little, we spent some time in St. George and went to the Dinosaur Discovery. Considering all kids have some kind of fascination with dinosaurs at some point, they loved seeing the actual fossils even if they didn't have giant life-sized replicas.


This was a GREAT chance to use my Cricut Dinosaur Tracks cartridge.  I am sorry to say that this cartridge is retired now...not sure why because it is very cute and original.  While other carts have dinosaurs on them, none are quite as good as these.

The paper I used is from Crate Paper--it was a fabulous coordinating set that I got at the Scrapbook USA Expo a couple of years ago.  I don't know if Crate Paper is still around, but I sure have a lot of their stuff and it's all cute.


These letters for the title are stickers that came with the pack.  They have a bit of a textured look--kind of fuzzy (but they aren't).  I love that the kit came with a lot of letters--too many times I don't have what I need and can't use my stickers, so I tend to buy multiple sheets when I get them.


These fossils are part of the Dinosaur Tracks cartridge and they were super fun to make!  I was actually very impressed with how well my Cricut did cutting these out because they were very intricate.


Since the page was pretty full with all the dinosaurs I made, I had to create a place for journaling to go. The picture on the top of the page is actually a pocket, and the green piece behind it with a tab can be slid out.  Guess what I discovered when I pulled this page out to get some pictures?  Yep...someone forgot to do their journaling.  Oops.

So that's my page for the day.  If there is a particular theme of layout you'd like to see, please let us know in the comments section and we'll see what we can come up with!


No comments: