Saturday, February 22, 2014

Life is a HIGHWAY!

Long before Carsland opened, I just loved the movie.  So when Tow Mater and Lightning McQueen showed up at Disneyland for the first time, I definitely knew I had to get some pictures!

 This is a page I put together long before the Cars Cricut cartridge came around.  The Cars characters, logo and tires with skid marks are 3D stickers that I got at JoAnn's.  The paper is just some loose hodge podge paper that I had in my stash.  The ribbon came from Pebbles, Inc.  I love the black ribbon with white stripe down it...it looks like a road!


When I do pages with a theme from a movie I like to include my favorite quotes from the movie.  This really great gem is from an advertising billboard for Rust-eze.




I used these fun quotes from the movie and printed them in Word.  I just added the shapes to my page and then added text.  It's super easy to find movie quotes with a simple online search.


This part of the title was made with a Sizzix alphabet called Rat-A-Tat.  I cut them in black and white and just inserted the white pieces into the circles.


I made the word "highway" with WordArt and a free font I downloaded off the internet.  (Unfortunately my computer crashed since then and I lost all the fonts I had downloaded, so I don't remember the name.)  Since I wanted them in black and I couldn't print on black paper, I flipped it upside down and printed it on white, then glued it on the back of the black paper to cut it out.  Then I used a white pen to add the lines.  Very simple and easy--I really need to get a Silhouette so I can use more of these online fonts.

Since doing this page I have acquired the Cars Cricut cartridge and been to Carsland twice...I really can't wait to get some time to do some more Cars pages!


No comments: