Saturday, February 8, 2014

Toy Story Mania!

One of my favorite rides at Disneyland turned into one of my favorite scrapbook layouts ever!  Being a lover of all the Toy Story movies, naturally I had to run right out and buy the Toy Story Cricut cartridge.  It's been one of my best purchases--could these toys be any cuter?


So here's the rundown of the supplies I used for this page:
  • The patterned paper with primary colors and the punch outs came from a Storyteller's Club pack called "Play" (appropriately).
  • The yellow background paper is from Three Bugs in a Rug.
  • All the little Toy Story characters and the title are from the Toy Story cartridge.
  • The letters for the word "mania" came from the Mini Monograms cartridge (and the little blocks behind them are handmade.)
  • The shooting gallery ducks are from the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge.
  • The "midway" letters are some little wooden scrabble stickers I had hanging around.  Unfortunately I don't remember where they came from, but I love them and wish I could get my hands on some more of them.
  • The wavy lines I cut using Kiwi Lane Designs templates.  Very awesome when you're not quite sure what to do with your patterned paper.

This title idea I scraplifted from a digital page I found on the web somewhere, although it's not exactly the same.  I'm not a digital scrapbooker, so I had to figure out how to make it work with paper.  The little army guys are so amazingly cute but a little hard to cut (because I made them small).  After screwing them up a few times and resigning myself that a new blade was required, they finally cut nicely.  I love them!  


The shooting gallery ducks are by far the crowning achievement on this page (okay...maybe not.  It might be the army men.  Some harsh words were uttered in the making of the army men).  I knew they would be hard, especially with their little targets on them, but they turned out so cute with little google eyes!  They are just glued on thin black strips of cardstock.


What's a Toy Story page without the aliens?  They are my favorite!  Since the aliens were pointing up, I felt it appropriate that they actually point at something.  Cute little adorable aliens.  They're so precious.  Trip to Disneyland, anyone?




No comments: