Tuesday, February 18, 2014

You've Got a Friend in Me

This is one of my all time favorite pages and it's because I LOVE the photos!  They tell such a great story and I can still remember this time at Disneyland as though it were yesterday...

Because we had so many kids with our group, we told them everyone needed to have a buddy and stick with that buddy at all times.  These two cute cousins took our admonition very seriously and soon the "Buddy Walk" was born...After getting off every ride they would immediately wrap arms around shoulders and walk in sync wherever they went.  What cute little boys!



This was a super easy page to do because everything but the title came in a coordinating kit from My Mind's Eye.  Since we were at Disneyland I felt the title seemed particularly fitting.  I especially love the photo in the circle taken from behind with the sun glare...and the other one from behind shows how in step they were with each other.


The letters all came from Scrapworks--the white ones are rub ons and the word "friend" is glittered chipboard.  The other small letters that say "in me" (that you can't see in this picture) are from Hobby Lobby--part of their Parts collection and they are brads.


I love that all of these kits from My Mind's Eye come with a cute saying that fits the packet...it saves me a lot of time when I don't have to look for my own quotes and sayings.  And even though I really enjoy making those labor-intensive pages that I make (yes, I'm a weirdo and I embrace it!) it's also fun to have an easy page that comes together really fast sometimes too.   Scrapbooks really should be all about preserving the memories and the pictures, and that's why this is one of my favorites.


No comments: